The Change To Mississippi DUI Laws
In 2013, the Mississippi Legislature drafted a series of laws that showed just how serious an offense drinking and driving is. The laws, which went into effect in 2014, enforced stricter penalties for those accused of driving under the influence, such as:
- The completion of an alcohol safety program for first-time offenders
- Ignition interlock licenses and devices for first-time offenders
- Harsh driving restrictions for those convicted of multiple offenses
- An administrative suspension of driving privileges for a DUI test refusal
- Harsh penalties for minors who violate the state’s zero tolerance law
DUI convictions can stay with you for years down the road, affecting your driving privileges as well as certain aspects of your life. These charges need to be taken seriously and addressed immediately.
How Our Law Firm Can Help
The highly trained lawyers at Delgado Law Firm, PLLC, have considerable experience defending clients against drunk driving charges stemming from:
- Operation of a vehicle while over the legal limit
- Underage drinking and driving
- Driving with a BAC over .04 as a commercial driver
- Multiple DUI convictions
- Breath test refusal
- Aggravating factors such as child endangerment or causing injury or death in a crash
Protection Begins With A Call To Delgado Law Firm, PLLC
We are more than familiar with the techniques police use to get you to confess to a crime as well as the aggressive tactics prosecutors will use to secure a conviction. We defend our clients against these intimidating practices, protecting their rights and future freedoms from the very beginning.
Our attorneys start gathering evidence as soon as possible and scrutinize anything that seems out of place. We will fight for the best possible outcome for our clients, even if it means taking their case to a jury trial.
We can also help clients in Mississippi get first-offense DUI convictions removed from their criminal records. And if a DUI conviction threatens someone’s immigration status, we are ready to tackle that legal challenge as well.
Contact Our Firm Today
Do not let a DUI conviction wreak havoc on your life. Let Delgado Law Firm, PLLC, put the law on your side. Call our Southaven office at 662-253-7169 or contact us by using our online form. Se habla español.